What is the Panbio Rapid Test?
- The Panbio Rapid Test is a screening tool that can quickly detect COVID-19 antigens
- This is NOT the laboratory PCR COVID-19 test
When can I get the Panbio Rapid Test?
- When you have NO SYMPTOMS. This test is for screening only, not diagnosis
- When you have NOT been in contact with anyone with symptoms
- When you have NOT been in contact with anyone in close contact to known positive cases
- This test is NOT for use in confirmed or suspected outbreak settings
- You can get the Panbio Rapid Test at our pharmacy
Can I use the Panbio Rapid Test for travel?
- The Panbio Rapid Test is only valid for travel to countries that accept rapid test results
- Countries that accept Rapid Antigen Tests for entry currently include Austria, Belize, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Germany, Ecuador, France, Finland, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Italy, Jamaica, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Namibia, Norway, Panama, Portugal, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, USA (subject to change)
- It is your responsibility to check the travel requirements for your country of destination. Please check the travel requirements for your country of destination as they are subject to change.
What is the difference between the Panbio Rapid Test and the laboratory PCR COVID-19 test?
- Compared to the PCR test, the Panbio Rapid Test has a higher risk of false positives (positive result when it’s actually negative) and false negatives (negative result when it’s actually positive)
- False positives are more likely for individuals with a low likelihood of COVID-19
- False negatives are more likely for individuals with a high likelihood of COVID-19
- The Panbio Rapid Test is valid only for countries accepting this test, whereas the PCR test is valid for all international travels
How is the Panbio Rapid Test done?
- A trained healthcare professional at The Healing Source Pharmacy will collect a nasal swab sample and perform the Panbio Rapid Test
- Panbio Rapid Test results will be available from The Healing Source Pharmacy
What if I get a positive result with the Panbio Rapid Test?
- Individuals with positive Panbio Rapid Test results will need a laboratory PCR COVID-19 test within 48 hours and should isolate until the results of the lab-based test are known.
How much does it cost?
- $40 (no tax) per antigen test.